Panorama VESA video driver FAQ -- http://ecomstation.ru/projects/panorama/?action=faq
Scitech SNAP FAQ
Scitech SNAP video driver FAQ -- http://ecomstation.ru/projects/panorama/?action=faq
1) WarpOverlay! -- http://ecomstation.ru/projects/panorama/?action=down#warpoverlay
it is aimed to watch videos in fullscreen mode.
Supported hardware: http://ecomstation.ru/projects/happyplayer/download/chiplist.txt
2) SNAP has own video overlay
TFT monitor, the desktop is "squeezed" a bit, black bands on the sides
A: Set the frq to 60 and now display is correct. TFTs panels are hardly work with another frequency than 60Hz internally. If you set to 70Hz, some electronics have to convert it to 60Hz anyway.
- source: http://news.ecomstation.nl/article.php?id=10211&group=ecomstation.support.hardware#10211
- thx Andreas Buchinger
Q: Можно ли использовать NVidia с LCD через DVI?
Supported Flat Panel Graphics Chips:
The following is a list of graphics chipsets that are working with digital flat panels. Other chipsets will work with flat panels in analog mode. Please note that if you can't see anything on the display when you boot your machine, SciTech SNAP Graphics can't fix this, as it is a hardware problem. Unless otherwise noted, the flat panel interface used is DVI. Also note that digital flat panel monitors do not support refresh rate control, although they may emulate it when running in analog mode. Currently, modes available on digital flat panels are limited to those provided by the video BIOS, which in most cases does not go higher than 1280x1024. The only exception to this is the ATI Radeon chipsets, which now feature native panel programming.
- ATI 3D Rage LT Pro (DFP), Rage XL (DFP), Rage 128 Pro, Rage 128 Ultra
- ATI Radeon 7000, Radeon 7200, Radeon 7500, Radeon 8500, Radeon 8500DV
- ATI Radeon 9000 Series, Radeon 9100, Radeon 9200 Series, Radeon 9500
- ATI Radeon 9500 Pro, Radeon 9550, Radeon 9600 Series, Radeon 9600 XT
- ATI Radeon 9700 Pro, Radeon 9800, Radeon 9800 Pro, Radeon 9800 XT
- ATI Radeon X300 Series, Radeon X550, Radeon X600 Series, FireMV 2200
- ATI Radeon X700 Series, Radeon X800 Series, Radeon X850 Series
- Intel i845G, i865G, i915G/GV, i945G
- Matrox MGA-G200 (DFP), MGA-G400, MGA-G450, MGA-G550, MGA-P650, MGA-P750
- Matrox Parhelia
- VIA CLE266
- VESA VBE 2.0, VBE 3.0
So it looks nvidia's are not working with snap via digital output. Sorry. That's why I stick to radeons. As for adding mode:
gamode.exe is in use here
gamode 2048 1152 32 ; added mode for my 23 samsung with nonstandard resolution 2048 x 1152 - and yes it's working via dvi from the installation phase.
With nonstandard (for video bios) resolution you may experience problems with older nvidias cards also on windoze while using dvi - simply it might turn out you won't be able to set native resolutions - especially higher ones. Radeons were known to allow native panel resolution programing, thus better choice for dvi and snap.